Master of Arts in Conflict Resolution
New for 2012, the MA in Conflict Resolution (MCR) is a one-of-a-kind, interdisciplinary program for people committed to peace and justice. The convenient low-residency format allows students to earn their degree while working full-time from anywhere in the world.
- Bachelor's degree in any subject from a regionally-accredited college or university, or international equivalent
- At least three years of full-time work experience or a waiver from the Assistant Provost
- Official transcripts sent to SPCS, attention Monica Halloran, 7200 W. Division, River Forest, IL 60305
- Completed online application
- 1-2 page statement of purpose explaining how the degree will fit in with the applicant's personal and professional goals
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE scores are not required, but may be submitted to strengthen a candidate's application
The MA in Conflict Resolution is offered in a convenient low-residency format. Students will complete two five-day intensive courses on campus, with the remaining courses completed online. This provides the best of both worlds: face-to-face interaction with faculty and peers, with the flexibility and convenience of online learning. Information on local accommodations is available here.